Call for Papers
************** DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS EXTENDED UNITL 25 JANUARY 2008********************
Papers are invited on the subject of poetry and translation from classical antiquity to the contemporary.
Topics might include:
- the theory of translation
- poetic translation in particular historical periods
- the process and practice of translation
- the politics of translation
- imitation, influence and allusion
- translation between poetic and non-poetic texts
- mistranslation and mock-translation
- translation from languages foreign to English
- translation from within and among ‘Englishes’
- translation and poetic tradition
- translation from Old and Middle English and the classics
- translated poetry as genre
Abstracts of no more than 250 words, of papers which will not last longer than 20 minutes, should reach the organizers by 25 January 2008. The conference committee will notify participants about the acceptance of papers and mail out registration forms early in February 2008. The deadline for registration is 2 May 2008.
Abstracts may be e-mailed to email@example.com
Or posted to Poetry and Translation Conference, Department of English Studies, University of Stirling, Scotland, FK9 4LA
A limited number of spaces are available for delegates who would like to offer short readings of their own work. Queries about these readings should be addressed to the organizers via e-mail or post.
Conference Organizers: Adrian Hunter, Dale Townshend